H-4 Visa

The H-4 visa is a nonimmigrant visa issued to immediate family members (spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age) of the primary H visa holder (H-1B, H-1C, H-2A, H-2B). It is typically issued for the same period of time as the primary visa holder.

H-4 visas can be obtained by applying for a visa at a US Consulate abroad or by filing for a change of status from another status in the United States. H-4 status can also be extended by filing an application in the United States.

Kindly contact our office to find out the best and most effective way for you to get your initial H-4 visa or get an extension of the H4 visa.

Certain H-4 dependent spouses are Eligible for Employment Authorization. CALL NOW FOR IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE.

Spouses of individuals on H-1B nonimmigrant visas who are the principal beneficiaries of an approved Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker; or

Spouses of individuals on H-1B nonimmigrant visas who have been granted H-1B extension status under American Competitiveness in the Twenty-first Century Act of 2000 as amended by the 21st Century (AC21), in which the Act permits H-1B nonimmigrant seeking lawful permanent residence to work and remain in the United States beyond the six-year limit on their H-1B status.

EXAMPLE: If the wife is on an H-4 visa and the husband is on an H-1B visa, then for the wife to be eligible for an EAD under the Executive Action, (i) the H-1B Spouse should have an approved I-140 petition or (ii) have a Perm Labor Certification Application that has been filed and pending for over a year ago or that was filed over a year ago and has been certified and for which an I-140 has been timely filed or will be timely filed.

Kindly contact our office for assistance in filing for your Employment Authorization Document (EAD) if you are on an H4 visa as the spouse of an H-1B worker.