E-3 Certain Specialty Occupation Professionals from Australia:

The E-3 classification applies only to nationals of Australia. It for persons coming to the United States solely to perform services in a specialty occupation. The specialty occupation requires theoretical and practical application of a body of knowledge in professional fields and at least the attainment of a bachelors degree, or its equivalent, as a minimum for entry into the occupation in the United States.

Eligibility Criteria

To qualify for an E-3 visa, you must demonstrate that you:

• Are a national of Australia
• Have a legitimate offer of employment in the United States
• Possess the necessary academic or other qualifying credentials
• Will fill a position that qualifies as a specialty occupation

Applying for an E-3 Visa from Within the United State

The Employer has to file the Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker to apply for for an E-3 visa for a nonimmigrant temporary worker.

Please contact the Hassonjee Law Firm for assistance in filing for an E3 visa.

Applying for an E-3 Visa at a United States Consulate abroad

Once the E3 petition is approved by the USCIS, the employee is then required to apply for an E3 visa at a US Consulate abroad, generally in the country of residence abroad.

Please contact the Hassonjee Law Firm for assistance in filing for an E3 visa.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]

Initial Period of Stay Extension of Stay
2 years Up to 2 years per extension; no maximum number of extensions, with some exceptions.

Change of Employment

The employee may change jobs. However, the new employer must file a new Labor Condition Application and a new E-3 visa application (Form I-129). The gap between the jobs must be 10 days or less.

Family of E-3 Visa Holders

The spouse and unmarried children under 21 years of age of the E3 visa holder are entitled to the same E-3 classification. Your spouse is entitled to work authorization, but not your children. To apply for work authorization as a spouse of an E-3 nonimmigrant, your spouse would file a Form I-765,

Please contact the Hassonjee Law Firm for assistance in filing for an E3 visa for your spouse or unmarried children under 21 years.