(B1, B2 and B1/B2)

Typically, one can enter the United States on a Visa Waiver Program, a Temporary Visa or a Permanent Visa.

Persons who wish to visit the United States temporarily for business purposes can enter on a Business Visa (B1). Tourists or visitors to the United States can typically enter on a Visitor Visas (B2) or a combination of both purposes (B-1/B-2).

Examples of activities permitted with a Business visa (B1):

* consult with business associates
* attend a scientific, educational, professional, or business convention or conference
* settle an estate
* negotiate a contract

To learn more about Business Travel to the United States on a visitor visa click here:

Examples of activities permitted with a Visitor Visa (B-2):

* tourism
* vacation (holiday)
* visit with friends or relatives
* medical treatment
* participation in social events hosted by fraternal, social, or service organizations
* participation by amateurs in musical, sports, or similar events or contests, if not being paid for participating
* enrollment in a short recreational course of study, not for credit toward a degree (for example, a two-day cooking class while on vacation)

To learn more about Visitor Visas Business and Pleasure click here

Examples of activities not permitted on Visitor Visas:

* study
* employment
* paid performances, or any professional performance before a paying audience
* arrival as a crewmember on a ship or aircraft
* work as foreign press, radio, film, journalists, and other information media
* permanent residence in the United States

How to Apply

You will need to apply for a business or visitor visa at a US Consulate near you.
Please consult the instructions available on the U.S. Embassy or Consulate website where you will apply.